|Last updated: 20 August 2012
"The Complete Sybase Replication Server|
Quick Reference Guide"
- 3rd edition (covers RS 15.1 - 15.7.1)
- Updated for RepServer versions 15.1, 15.2, 15.5, 15.6, 15.7 and 15.7.1
- Covers all major new features including SQL Statement replication, HVAR, Real-Time Loading for IQ, and Multi-Path Replication (and more)
- 20 additional pages in the 3rd edition
- Covers new functionality in recent RS versions (RS 15.7.1 was released in June 2012)
- Contains everything you need to know in your daily work as a RepServer DBA
- 168 pages, including a 14-page index and 8 additional blank pages to add your own notes
- Fits in your pocket: 11*22 cm (4.3*8.6")
- Especially for heavy users, this book has an extra-strong binding
- Written by Rob Verschoor, Certified DBA for RepServer, ASE and IQ
- ISBN 978-90-806117-3-3 (90-806117-3-5)
Why do you need this book?
RepServer is a powerful and versatile product, but it was never designed to be easy to use -- and there are just too many commands and details to remember.
This guide describes all RepServer commands in detail, but also provides essential background information on many RepServer topics that may easily slip a DBA's mind.
In case things stop running smoothly, it also includes some troubleshooting tips.
With the book comes an electronic supplement containing some RSSD queries you may find useful. It also includes some handy RSSD stored procedures.
Since there just isn't a good quick reference guide for RepServer, this book will be incredibly useful for every RepServer DBA.
Highlights from the 2nd edition:
Some highlights from "The Complete Sybase Replication Server Quick Reference Guide", 2nd edition:
- This is a printed book,
which you can buy (except for the table of contents and some sample pages, the book cannot be downloaded from this web site).
- Fully up-to-date: the latest edition of this book covers RS versions 12.6, 15.0.1 and 15.1 (RS 15.1 was released in June 2008)
- Compared with the 1st edition, the 2nd edition contains significantly more RS commands, configuration parameters, functions etc. -- it's even more complete than it already was!
Additions to 2nd edition include: all new commands in 15.0, 15.0.1 and 15.1; coverage of the rs_subcmp utility; switchover instructions for MSA (database repdef/subscription); additional performance tips; many additions, clarificiations and extensions resulting from practical usee experience.
- Contains 146 pages (that's 26 more than the previous edition), including a 11-page index.
- The size is 11 by 22 cm (4.3 by 8.6 inches), so it will fit in your pocket.
- Check out a preview (incl. table of contents) of the 2nd edition (PDF format; 576 Kb)
What about the 1st and 2nd editions ?
The 1st and 2nd editions are sold out and won't be reprinted.These have been replaced by the 3rd edition which covers up to RS 15.7.1.
About the author
This book is written by Rob Verschoor, Certified DBA for Replication Server, ASE and IQ, and author of the successful ASE books "The Complete Sybase ASE Quick Reference Guide" and "Tips, Tricks & Recipes for Sybase ASE" and the popular IQ "The Complete Sybase IQ Quick Reference Guide".
Those who are familiar with Rob's Quick Reference Guides for Sybase ASE and Sybase IQ will know what to expect: a complete, detailed, well-organised quick reference guide, aimed at maximum practical usefulness.
Where to buy ?
"The Complete Sybase Replication Server Quick Reference Guide" is available from this web site only (using secure credit card payment). Orders from most countries are accepted.
Price: € 20.95/copy (excl. shipping). More information on price, discounts, shipping, etc. is here.
These are some comments by readers who own the "The Complete Sybase Replication Server Quick Reference Guide":
"I have recently acquired a copy of your Quick Reference guide for Replication server and must say it is a fantastic little guide to have by your side!
"I want to tell you how much I like the new RS Quick Ref Book. Very well done, the organization is flawless. I have to hide my copy as everyone who sees it tries to walk off with it.
Dublin, CA (USA)
(Please note that the above statements
represent the opinions of these individual DBAs, and not of their respective employers)